Friday, January 6, 2017

Cheung Ming Wai, SID 10613603, Blog Post 2


The central argument of this essay was the relationship between games and the people. Watkins, S. C., suggested that people using technology to interact with others in the digital age. People might build a positive relationship to social communities through playing games. Playing different games such as video games or some online games would enhance the relationships with friends. They might face to face to play with each other.

Playing games not only bring negative expressions but also positive expressions to the public. I think people might play video game and online game together in their free time. Playing digital games were convenient in the city life because people could play together in indoor. For example, people went to their friend home and played video games together. With video games, people had more common gambit in order to enhance their communication skills.

I totally agree with the author pointed of view. I think the social networking sites such as Facebook is not only help me to make more new friends but also help me to get in touch with my old friends. With the social net- working sites, people could have more chance to get communicate with friends. For me, I played some Facebook games because my friends were playing those online games such as Happy Farm. The games were the bridge to make me closer to my friends. Games were important in my social life. Some of my friends might play those online games face to face. We always talked about games. Games were a part of our friendships.


However, it would bring another problem. Playing games may narrow the communication scope. For example, people may focus on the game issues to their friends. Therefore, they may talk other topic less such as academic, career to others. I agree that playing digital games are benefit in social life. However, people should not addict in games. They should not rely on games to build positive relationship to others. On the other hand, with social networking, people may rely on new technology. Therefore, they might have fewer chance to face to face to communicate to others. It might decrease their communication skills in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment